Existing customers: CLICK HERE
to your client area.
How do I install FrontPage extensions ?
Login to your control panel. Select "FrontPage Extensions". Select "Install FrontPage Extensions".
Note: To connect to your site and upload your files with FrontPage, you will first need to make sure that your domain name has fully propagated to our servers. It takes 1 to 3 days before your domain is fully propagated.
Why am I still seeing an empty directory screen even after uploading all my pages ?
There may be two reasons why this is the case.
Publishing a Web
- Your main page must be named index.html. If your main page is not named index.html, all you need
to do is rename i to index.html within FrontPage and then republish.
- You may have uploaded your webpages to the wrong folder on the server. If you are using FrontPage to publish your files, you should automatically be publishing to the correct folder. The location to publish your site should be in the form of http://www.yourdomain.com and NOT
ftp://www.yourdomain.com/folder. However, should you be using FTP to upload your pages, please be
sure that your Remote Directory field is set for "/". You should not use both FrontPage and FTP
together as it would cause the FrontPage extensions to be corrupted.
After you have built your html documents and are ready to upload them to our
1. Start Microsoft FrontPage.
2.Open the web you've created by selecting File > Open Web . Select the directory where you have
stored all the html file you have created and click "Open".
3. Choose File > Publish Web
4. If your "Destination Web Server" doesn't appear in the Publish window (it won't
the first time you publish to our server) CHOOSE "More Webs" and type the
location of the web to publish to. Hit return.
http://www.yourdomain.com as the Destination Web Server to publish to our server. Leave the
"Destination Web Name" BLANK.
5. You will be asked for your USERNAME and PASSWORD. This is your web hosting account USERNAME and your FrontPage PASSWORD. Your FrontPage password is the password that you have provided when you signed-up for our service.
6. You can watch the progression of the upload by looking at the bottom left
corner of FP Explorer.
Opening an Existing Web
1. Open FP Explorer and choose File > Open Front Page Web.
2. You can now choose to open a previously created web on your PC or your web
on our server.
3. Highlight the appropriate web or type in the web address
(www.yourdomain.com) and click OK.
4. Enter your USERNAME and FP PASSWORD if required.
5. Make modifications and recalculate links if needed. (See FP help docs for info
on when it's necessary to
Troubleshooting Common Problems with Frontpage
Getting error - "Root Web Busy"
FTP to your site
and remove the "service.lck" file in /_vti_pvt.
usually happens when a FP session is interrupted before completion.
Server timing out when publishing large sites.
This difficulty arises when the uploading link times out in the process of copying the web to our server. The only suggestion Microsoft has offered so far is to break the main web into a group of sub webs on your PC, then upload these individually.
Getting Error - "Front Page Extensions not Installed"
Login to your Control Panel and (re)install FrontPage extensions .
NOTE: The extensions are
If you have decided to use FrontPage Explorer to update your web site on the server, do not use FTP.
I published but my web's not there!
This will happen
when the "Destination Web Name" is filled in when publishing to
This box should be
left blank. If you put any other name in this box it will create a subdirectory off of your root web and copy all of your files into it. Your site will exist under a subdirectory instead of at the top level "/" where
it should be.
My counter, bbs, guestbook, etc isn't working.
These problems are generally due to incorrect permissions on either the directory, file(s) or cgi script(s) that are associated
with them. Please don't change the permissions of your files or directories unless you have a specific reason for
doing so and you know what effect it will have on your site.
Please ensure that you do not upload your website using the FTP protocol from your Frontpage program. All FrontPage specific features will not work if you upload your website using FTP from the Frontpage program.
My search bot doesn't return any results.
The "/" directory must be world readable AND you need to recalculate links BEFORE publishing (or after editing
directly on the server). If it still doesn't work, FTP to the server and go to the /_vti_txt/default.wti directory. Delete any files that begin with "ALL.". Don't delete any other files. Then using Windows Explorer, do the same thing on your PC. Recalculate links, test locally with your browser and publish.
FrontPage starts the Web Publishing Wizard when I try to publish.
Cancel the operation and reinstall FrontPage extensions from your control panel.
Further Microsoft FrontPage Support
If you need further assistance using FrontPage, go to
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS > FRONTPAGE